A BRIGHTER FUTURE
Brighton will reduce emissions by 30% by 2025 and reach Net Zero emissions by 2030
We Pledge To:
- Incorporate emissions reductions into all aspects of our resort.
- Educate employees and guests about our local environment.
- Place collaboration over competition when it comes to furthering our winters.
- Advocate for widespread changes and local efforts.
- Complete NSAA Climate Challenge Inventory annually to manage, track, and reach targets for resort operations.
- Lead by example by implementing sustainable programs, initiating advocacy about climate change and the ski industry, and acting on behalf our dedication towards a snowy future and Net Zero by 2030.
Read the Latest News
Boyne Resorts Carbon Credit Purchase
Brighton Resort will reduce its emissions by 18% thanks to a corporate-wide purchase of Renewable Energy Credits. The credit will offset 100% of our electricity use.
Partners in Sustainability
Partnering with the best to help bring us to Net Zero by 2030.
Cleanest Snowcat on the Market
Dec 15, 2021
Brighton is stoked to announce their adoption of one of the industry’s first diesel-electric hybrid snowcats.
Summer Clean-Ups at Brighton
Sep 1, 2021
Brighton Resort will host multiple clean-up days to rid the mountain of trash in the summer months
Combating Food Waste at Brighton
Aug 3, 2021
Brighton Resort is partnering with Momentum Recycling to combat food waste.
“Everesting” on Great Western with Caroline Gleich
Aug 3, 2021
Gleich plans to summit and descend Brighton’s Great Western about 20 times in order to accumulate 29,000 ft of elevation within just 24 hours, an incredible feat called “Everesting” – the first to be attempted in the Wasatch Range and the first time in the world to be attempted on skis.
Trees & Skis
Jun 17, 2021
In coordination with Tree Utah, Brighton will be offering free tours of our resort dedicated to educating the public about the history and future of our forests. During the tour we will investigate the native species that create our favorite tree runs.
Net Zero by 2030
Jun 2, 2021
Brighton Resort has officially enhanced their contribution to a brighter future by joining all of the Boyne Resorts in the Forever Project – a commitment to reaching Net Zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2030.
Supporting the Paris Agreement
May 21, 2021
Brighton Resort and 1400 other organizations signed a letter encouraging our next Presidential Administration to consider rejoining The Paris Agreement.
Alpine Rose LED Retrofit
May 1, 2021
In a first phase of a long-term lighting retrofit project aimed at reducing the dependency on the electric grid, Brighton is pleased to announce a complete retrofit of our largest building: The Alpine Rose.